Subject: Re: ETA for SAS 6.2?
From: [email-masked] (Doug Walker)
Date: 14 Jan 93 21:32:07 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.programmer

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Jarno Tapio Rajahalme) writes:
|> And __saveds still loads the A4 in the beginning of the function body.
|> If __saveds is an explicit request to "restore" A4, then why is it
|> called __saveds? geta4() is just fine in this case. I'd interpret the
|> __saveds to mean "Make sure that global data can be referenced even
|> when called from another program".

It's called __saveds for historical reasons.  I don't know why the
keyword was originally named that.

__saveds does mean exactly what you state there, with the addition
of one word - "near".  "Make sure that NEAR global data can be 
referenced even when called from another program."

|> | Address: Jarno Rajahalme            | EMail:                              |

-- 
  *****
=*|_o_o|\\=====Doug Walker, Software Distiller====== BBS: (919)460-7430 =
 *|. o.| ||                                          1200/2400/9600 Dual
  | o  |//     For all you do, this bug's for you!
  ====== 
usenet: [email-masked]                            bix: djwalker 
Any opinions expressed are mine, not those of SAS Institute, Inc.